Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Leaving Palm Springs


Palm Springs Wind Farm, originally uploaded by ms4jah.

Been out at the ESRI Business Partner Conference for the last couple of days, enjoying the sunshine and warmth (and wind) of Palm Springs. I never realized quite how windy it got until flights starting turning back on Sunday as the planes couldn't land. Guess there is a reason why they have all the wind turbines out here.

Anyway, other updates - the smoking has still stopped. Haven't killed anyone yet, although I don't think I could have picked a more stressful week or two to give up if I had tried. Guess it's just a bit more of a test, but the fact that I've survived up until now is a good sign.

In other news, confirmation has been made that I'm now a fully fledged adult, after going to Bed, Bath and Beyond and buying a new pan set, and a new knife set (along with a mop and humidifier), and completely bypassing the Apple store for a new laptop. LIfe may never be the same again.

I've also (finally) managed to convince my Dad to come spend some time out here in the summer, so looking at getting those flights sorted this week. It looks like he'll be here for the Pueblo Driving School, which will be cool. There may even be some other people I know showing up this time, if they get off their arse and book when the time comes, so stay tuned.

On a related note, it's now only a few weeks (well 4) until the Lotus Driving School trip arrives. It's been booked since last year, and the excitement has been building up, with an increasing number of emails from the car crazy group trickling over the interweb. It's gonna be a blast out there from what I can tell - just hope I don't get shown up too much on the track......