Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Get Yourself an AMEX Black Card


AMEX Black Card, originally uploaded by Clemson.

Thanks to my darling wife, she sent me this site last week. It basically covers the Black Cards you can get these days, what perks you get etc etc.

I've always fancied getting one of these. Unfortunately, I've never been quite sure how (I was told at a young age it was invite only, and you had to be famous), and I was pretty certain I wasn't rich enough (got the Platinum Amex, and even though the benefits pretty much pay for themselves each year, I still have heartburn when the fee hits the card each year...).

It turns out that one of the key qualifiers is to spend and pay off at least $250K in the previous 12 months before they'd even consider you. Unless I suddenly start flying transatlantic in business every couple of weeks for work, this is unlikely to happen any time soon (lottery is up to $140 million for tomorrow night though - just need to remember to get a ticket...), so I'll make do with what I've got. At least I have something to aim for now....

Labels: