Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Walking on the clouds


Walking on the clouds, originally uploaded by Aaron in Denver.

Won't be many posts this week as I'm trying to get away from the online world for most of the week, but just uploaded the photos from our trip up Mount Evans at the weekend and there were some good ones in there.

If you've never been up there, it's around 14,200 feet above sea level, so you do actually feel like you're walking around in the middle of the clouds (as well as completely out of breath). You drive pretty much to the top, and then there's a bit of a hike up another 100 yards or so to get to the real top. I imagine later in July, this is relatively easy, but with snow on the ground, and me in my Vans, it wasn't the easiest stroll I've ever done.

Everyone enjoyed it, and Dad got to chase a wild animal up the side of the mountain. I was a bit worried he'd been chased off, but he turned up 10 minutes later with a big smile and some great close-ups.

There are plenty more photos on Flickr if you want to check them out.