Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lotus Evora


Lotus Evora, originally uploaded by Aaron in Denver.

So yesterday was the turn of Ferrari of Denver to host the Lotus Evora coming out party. Although they've been released over in Europe, you still can't buy one over here until the beginning of next year, so this was the first time for many to see one first hand (including me).

They're actually really nice - it seemed smaller that I thought it was going to be - they're not really that much bigger than an Elise, although definitely easier to get in and out of. The back seats, hmmm. The Lotus guy told me that he'd had people in the back, but I'm not sure - they're definitely of the plus 2 variety, and I couldn't see any legroom with a reasonable sized person in the front.

No-one got to drive them, but I was chatting with the Lotus guys who had driven them cross country - much more comfortable than an Elise was what I got out of them, while still handling well on the track.

Based on the estimated price over here, they're going to come in around the same price as a base 911, but in reality I think they're more likely to compete with the Cayman S form what I've read of the reviews.

Oh, and if you've got a spare $300k lying around, the guys at Ferrari of Denver just took delivery of an F430 Scuderia - it's sitting in the showroom right now with your name on it.......



F430 Scuderia

Labels: , , , , ,