Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ferrari 288 GTO

We interrupt this regular broadcast to issue a formal apology to Lauren Stone, for the way too heavy car content on this blog. We now return to normal programming and apologies for any inconvenience this interruption may have caused......


Ferrari 288 GTO 25th anniversary reunion at Concorso Italiano

I always wonder what the answer to "what's your favorite car of all time" would be. It's not an easy question to answer, there's a load of cars out there that were/are favorites, and there's always the "depends what it's for" response. Obviously there's the 911 in various different forms, most Ferraris, a few TVR's, the M3, Lancia Integrale, Caterham 7........ like I said, loads (and I didn't even scratch the surface with that list).

But one car that was pasted on my wall constantly during my formative years growing up (13 to 23 ;-) was the Ferrari 288 GTO. It turns out it's now 25 years old, and the bodywork still causes me to feel like a giddy schoolboy. I'm guessing that given these things were so rare in the first place, they're at the ridiculously expensive end of the price range now, so photos are probably all I'll ever get, but a boy can dream.....


Monterey 2009: Ferrari 288 GTO owners celebrate 25 years of the Ferrari supercar