Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bet you look good on the dancefloor


01, originally uploaded by Neil Stone.

Yesterday was a bit of an epic. On site with a customer in Kentucky in the morning, driving back to Indy in the afternoon, flight back to Denver, quick change and out to see The Arctic Monkeys at The Ogden that night, quickly followed by a full Irish Breakfast and buying Neil a car bomb for his birthday drink. Wow, it's tiring just to type that.

Anyway, it kinda reminded me that it's possible to fit a lot of stuff just into one day. I think as I've got older, I get a bit more scared about over-committing (or I'm just getting lazier), and sign up for less and less. I've made a bit of a concerted effort this year to do more stuff outside of work than I did last year, just to try and keep me sane more than anything.

Next up, a late, loud and sweaty concert coming up on Monday night (Manic Street Preachers, in one of the smallest venues in Denver) - I'm going to pretend I'm not even tired on Tuesday (but don't ask me any difficult questions that day.....)