Friday, September 18, 2009

HPR (Finally)

So I somehow managed to not drive HPR all summer, despite the fact it's close and new and a fantastic track. I finally got my arse in gear, along with Mr Thompson, and joined the Z Car Club to get in an organized track day, rather than get eaten alive (maybe) on an open day. It was good to try and learn the line in a pretty relaxed atmosphere, and the rain managed to hold off until pretty late in the day (although it wasn't Colorado's warmest day).

The groups we were in meant me and Gareth didn't get much time to hang out during the day, but then the stars aligned in the afternoon and he jumped in the car with his camera to take some video of the laps. This ended up being my last session of the day - a few laps in the brakes went so I had to ease off a bit to get through the end of the session, and they weren't in any sort of fit state after that to handle any more laps (even without the minor flood that engulfed the track). I have a few pics I took out there as well that I need to load up (Gareths are here)which I hopefully will get to this weekend.

And any of you track rats who've been dialing in the perfect line on HPR want to offer any (constructive) criticism on the line, feel free in the comments - this is the first time I've hit a track without any instruction on where I'm meant to be driving, so I'm sure there's plenty of improvement to be made.

Labels: , , , ,