Thursday, December 21, 2006

Snow buries car, Aaron cries

Not really (the crying bit), but I'm sure I will be when I have to start shovelling (i'm holding out until the snow actually stops, unlike our super keen neighbours who are giving it a go as we speak).

I had a couple of questions about how bad the snow is this time, so finally got around (or the wife did actually) to loading up the photos I've been taking over the last 24 hours, to give you a picture of what it's like in our street. All are of the car, which is relegated to the driveway until we complete the bathroom remodel (or at least start moving the stuff out of the garage into the bathroom).

First pic - I took this coz I thought it was pretty impressive (or it would be to the people back in Newcastle). It was about 11 yesterday morning I think.

It kept snowing, so I took another one after lunch - there are tracks to the left, as Heidi's work made her go in the office first thing, only to send everyone back home after an hour, when they realized that the weather forecast was right. We had to push her car up the driveway to get it back under cover, and that was around 1pm.

This one was around 9pm - as you can see, the car is completely buried. The weather forecaster said we'd had over 16 inches and it wasn't going to stop until lunchtime today (still snowing now....). After this, I went back and opened another Guinness. Not much else to do when all the TV programs are repeats, and you're stuck in the house ;-)

Last pic for now, taken at about 8.15 am. It's still snowing, and the car has disappeared completely. If there were some really clever thieves out there, they could have replaced the car with a big box and I won't find out about it until much much later.

Beer and food hasn't ran out yet, and we've still got power, so all is good.

Labels: , ,